- Application Guide
- Online Portal Guide
- Info Session Dates
- Info Session Training Recording
- Info Session Presentation
- Online Portal Training Recordings
- Example Applications
- Intent to Apply Due: December 15, 2023
- Preliminary Review Sessions: February 2024
- NEW!! Submission Dates:
- Early Submission (applications 2-5 only): December 15, 2023
- Final Date for Submission: March 1, 2024
- Announcements: On or around Earth Day
- Youth Summit at Sandy Point State Park: Thursday, May 30, 2024
- All schools will submit applications using the online application portal.
- All sections of the application will be submitted through the online portal.
- Coming Soon: View recordings of the Application Info Session and the Online Portal Training for more info.
- Schools are required to reapply every four years to maintain their Green School status.
Sustainable Schools (Applications 5 and Beyond) Information:
- Depending on when you received Sustainable Green School status (Application 4), you'll be required to reapply every four years to maintain your Sustainable Green School status.
- If you are a Sustainable Green School, this chart summarizes the year you will need to reapply.
Maryland Green Schools Progress Evaluation Executive Summary and Report
MAEOE's State Appropriation requires a yearly external evaluation to measure progress towards growth of Maryland Green Schools throughout the state.
In the first year of state funding, the evaluation led to a quantitative assessment of progress toward its 50% goal. Specifically, evaluation comparatively examined the characteristics of schools that have and have not achieved MDGS status. This comparison sought to reveal the program’s current progress, areas of strength and opportunities for growth to reach the 50% target by 2026.
The evaluation is provided by J. Sickler Consulting.